Children, Civil Partnership, Co-Habitation, Divorce and Separation
Although same sex couples can now legally marry, some still opt to enter into a civil partnership. The Civil Partnership Act came into force in 2005, ensuring that civil partnerships offer same-sex couples approximately the same obligations and responsibilities as a civil marriage. Civil partners are allowed the same rights in respect of children, property, inheritance tax, social security and pension benefits. There is also a formal process for dissolving partnerships which is similar to divorce.
Our friendly team of experts are able to offer advice on a wide range of civil partnership issues including:
- Entering into a pre-registration agreement (similar to a pre-nuptial agreement)
- Terminating a civil partnership
- Financial settlements and the approach of the court
- Company or business issues
- Parental responsibility
- Applications for financial provision for children of the family
- Step-parent applications for parental responsibility for a child of their spouse or civil partner
Our understanding team of family experts includes:
- members of Resolution
- members of The Law Society Family Panel
- a trained collaborative lawyer.
New clients receive 30 minutes free initial advice and the first appointment available within 24 hours (where possible).
Request a call back
If you would like one of our team of family experts to call you back, please complete the quick request form below and we will contact you shortly