We are committed to providing a high quality legal service to all our clients. When something goes wrong, we need you to tell us about it. This will help us to improve our standards.
If you have a complaint, please contact us with details.
What will happen next?
1. We will send you a letter acknowledging receipt of your complaint within three days of receiving it, enclosing a copy of this procedure.
2. We will then investigate your complaint. This will normally involve passing your complaint to the Head of Department or Supervising Solicitor who will review your matter and try and resolve your complaint. We will aim to resolve your complaint within 14 days of receiving written notification but if additional time is required then you will be notified and given an amended time frame for responding to you.
3. If the Head of Department or Supervising Solicitor is unable to resolve your complaint then your matter will be passed to our Client Care Director, Andrew Hardy. He will review the case within 14 days of the complaint being referred to him, and he will invite you to a meeting to discuss and hopefully and resolve your complaint.
4. Within three days of the meeting, Andrew Hardy will write to you to confirm what took place and any solutions he has agreed with you.
5. If you do not want a meeting, Andrew Hardy will send you a detailed written reply to your complaint, including his suggestions for resolving the matter, within 21 days of sending you the acknowledgement letter.
6. At this stage, if you are still not satisfied, you should contact us again and we shall arrange for another partner in the firm to review the decision.
7. We will write to you within 14 days of receiving your request for a review, confirming our final position on your complaint and explaining our reasons.
8. If you are still not satisfied, you can contact:-
The Legal Ombudsman
PO Box 6806
About your complaint. Any complaint to the Legal Ombudsman must actually be made within six months of the dare of our final written response on your complaint but for further information, you should contact the Legal Ombudsman on 0300 555 0333 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
9. Alternative complaints bodies such as Pro Mediate UK Limited (www.promediate.co.uk) exist which are competent to deal with complaints about legal services should you and our firm wish to use such a scheme. Pro Mediate will refuse a complaint if it is not submitted within 12 months of the date of receiving a final decision on your complaint from us.
If we have to change any of the timescales about, we will let you know and explain why.
If you are concerned about our behavior you can raise any such concerns with the Solicitors Regulation Authority by visiting their website at SRA | Reporting an individual or firm | Solicitors Regulation Authority