· To provide a full and effective secretarial and administrative support service to our Private Client Department so that all matters are dealt with in a timely and efficient manner.
· To be able to work well within a typing pool and show flexibility to work for other Departments at times.
· To contribute positively towards the continuous improvement of office processes and procedures in order to meet organisational objectives.
Producing accurate correspondence, documentation and forms by using audio dictation, word processor, excel and photocopier as required.
Answering and making telephone calls promptly and professionally, and taking and passing on accurate messages.
Dealing confidently with client enquiries and assisting clients to complete forms and documentation as required at Seymours offices.
Filing, updating client files, and retrieving information for Directors, clients and colleagues in a timely manner.
Planning and maintaining an effective diary, appointment and follow-up system.
Liaising with colleagues to ensure that clients requiring the services of other departments are accommodated.
Developing oneself within the role by making and taking opportunities for learning, education and training and keeping up to date with developments in the information technology system,,
Receiving visitors and providing refreshments
2 – 5 years minimum experience of working as a secretary in a legal practice
SKILLS & ABILITIES
· Accurate keyboarding skills
· Audio typing ability
· Ability to use various software packages desirable i.e. WordPerfect 5.1
· Well developed communication skills:
o able to speak in a clear and precise voice
o excellent telephone manner
o ability to deal competently with client and colleague enquiries
o able to spell, read, understand, and write brief notes and correspondence, and take accurate messages
· Ability to form and maintain effective business relationships with clients and team relationships with colleagues.
· Able to work competently using own initiative
Positive, enthusiastic, confident attitude
Mature, confidential and approachable manner
Diplomatic, tactful and caring when dealing with clients
Planning and organisational preference and ability
Willing and able to be flexible and adaptable
Demonstrating a professional image
Conscientious and diligent, paying attention to detail, particularly when dealing with routine tasks
Cheerful, persevering and resilient, particularly when under pressure.
Join us in shaping the future of excellence! If you're ready to contribute your expertise, build relationships, and make a lasting impact, send your CV and cover letter to Danielle Cawley, Office Manager, DanielleCawley@seymours.co.uk